Fabrication and Welding processes and Certifications
With a full arrangement of standard welding processes and an extensive list of qualified welding procedures, CMW is capable of complying with almost any requirement in a variety of industry standards. Our welding processes include:
- Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (GTAW) also known as Tungsten Inert Gas (TIG)
- Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW) often referred to as Metal Inert Gas (MIG)
- Flux Core Arc Welding (FCAW)
- Shield Metal Arc Welding (SMAW) or Stick Welding
- Submerged Arc Welding (SAW)
We have also incorporated semi-automated weld processes to reduce cost and improve quality into our welding processes.
We concentrate on a full arrangement of processes and standards to best meet the need and functionality of customer’s needs for their projects.
We hold numerous industry standards and quality systems including API (American Petroleum Institute), ASME, ASTM, AWS, BPVC (Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code), MIL-STDs (Military Standards) NADCAP and NAVSEA.
NADCAP (National Aerospace and Defense Contractors Accreditation Program)
CMW is a NADCAP certified facility and maintain our certification in fusion welding. NADCAP is a global cooperative standards-setting program for aerospace engineering, defense and related industries.
NAVSEA (Naval Sea Systems Command)
NAVSEA’s focus is to engineer, build and maintain the United States Navy’s fleet of ships and its combat systems. In 2010, CMW received our first welding procedure approval and since have been approved for a variety of different procedures, materials and thicknesses.
ASME (American Society of Mechanical Engineers)
We are ASME “U” and National Board “R” stamp accredited, allowing us to fabricate and repair pressure rated vessels by the standards certified through the American Society of Mechanical Engineers.
AWS (American Welding Society)
AWS standards include:
- D1.1 – Structural Welding (Steel)
- D1.2 – Structural Welding (Aluminum)
- D1.3 – Structural Welding (Sheet Metal)
- D1.4 – Structural Welding (Reinforced Steel)
- D1.6 – Structural Welding (Stainless Steel)
- D1.7 – Structural Welding (Strengthening and Repair)
- D1.9 – Structural Welding (Titanium)
- D9.1 – Sheet Metal Welding
- D10.11 – Root Pass Welding for Pipe
- D10.12 – Pipe Welding (Mild Steel)
- D10.18 – Pipe Welding (Stainless Steel)
- D17.1 – Aerospace Fusion Welding
We follow all relative standards developed by ASTM (American Society for Testing and Materials)
We are experienced welding many types of metals, including:
- Aluminum (2024, 3003, 5052, 5083, 5086, 6061, 6063, 7075)
- Carbon Steel (A36, A1011, 1018, A572 Gr. 70, A500, 4140, 4340, HY-80, HY-100, AR400, AR500, SA105, SA106)
- Chrome Moly
- Hastelloy (C22, C276)
- Inconel (600, 625, 718)
- Monel (400 QQ-N-281)
- Stainless Steel (303, 304, 310, 316, 317, 410, 420, 254 SMO)
- Super Duplex (2205, 2507, Zeron 100, AL6XN)
- Titanium (Gr. 1, Gr.2, Gr.3, Gr.5, Gr.7, Gr.9, Gr.11, Gr.12, Gr.13, Gr.23 6AL-4V)
- Alloy 20
Utilizing SolidWorks, AutoCAD and our dedicated team of engineers and draftsmen, we work to our customer’s need, even if the design is only in the conception phase. We partner with our customers to transform these initial designs into final designs that incorporate our extensive fabrication experience to improve the form, fit or function of the component. Our goal is to bring your project to life and leverage our extensive experience to ensure your job is on-time, on-budget and on-specification.
We have a CWI (Certified Weld Inspector) on site with over 25 years of experience.
Our NDT capabilities include:
- In house Level 1 & Level 2 – VT and PT
- Level 3 – VT, PT, UT, RT and MT
Through our AS9100 total quality system and our continuous improvement program, we’ve developed proven fabrication processes that ensure proper training, supervision, material tracking, segregation of operations and accountability to effectively produce repeatable quality.
Our quality staff has extensive experience in our industry and is actively involved throughout contract review, specification evaluation, procurement, design, planning and manufacturing.